"Quotes" "He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth." Psalm 72:8 "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind" ~ John George Diefenbaker. "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." ~ John Fitzgerald Kennedy. "Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." ~ Jack Benny. Disclaimer: Blog content is my own personal thoughts and do not represent the thoughs of anyone else. Thoughts left by visitors in the comments section are theirs. Anything offensive will be removed. The Old Fart's Blog is not responsible for the content of 3rd party links. 3rd party sites viewed before being linked. © 2004-2010 Old Fart Productions. All rights reserved.

This Blog is designed for "Firefox" and "Opera" Browsers, Visitors using "Internet Explorer" may find limitations in viewing the Blog.

Whilst looking at the pictures throughout the Blog ~ Click on the Picture and it will open in a Larger Window.

A lot of you are probably wondering why I am calling myself "The Old Fart" and have a Homepage called "Welcome to Old Fart Productions" (See link under My Other Blogs and Goodies).

When I started in the field as a 35mm Film Projectionist some of the concession staff {at the last Cinema I worked in } weren't even born yet. In fact back in 2003 I was the oldest member of the staff at the age of 43. In true Ernest Hemingway form, instead of being "The Old Man and the Sea", I became "The Old Fart of the Theatre" to quote one Manager..

And as they say "The Rest Is History"

About This Blog

Just a few rantings from a 'Half Century' "Old Fart". What you will be reading here will not change the world, or have any profound effect on anyone or anything. It is just a place for me to share a thing or two and hopefully give you a break from the day to day toils and troubles of life.








Random Thoughts

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Wednesday, 28 June 2006

John Walton's Truck

John Walton's 1931 Ford Pickup TruckMy truck now sounds like John Walton's truck. When I started it the sound was remincent of John Walton's truck. When I put the flea in gear and took off from work, it sounded like the old Ford truck from the show. It was kind of cool actually and going up hill you noticed the sound more. Once the truck warmed up, which didn't take long in today's heat, the sound disappeared mostly until I got going up hill.

One part of 32 Ave goes up this steep hill to get to Center Street. This is when it sounded like the old Walton's pickup truck. It sounds like the muffler is on the way out. It shouldn't be though as I only had the muffer changed last december. Speedy send me an invitation last week to get a tune up by the end of July for a certain price. This will be a good opportunity to have the muffler checked and fixed if needed.

I must be getting old if I can remember the Waltons. It was one of my favorite shows on Sunday night growing up in the 1970's. I don't know if I was identifying with the fact that my Mum grew up in the Depression and then later WWII, but she would have been the same age as Elizabeth in the show. The Waltons may not have solved any earth shattering issue, but it was good clean entertaainment. And the sad thing is, a program like the Waltons couldn't even be made today as no network would want to air it. And you got to admit what people call entertainment on television today, is nothing to get very excited about.

For awhile I was getting the Waltons on Video every month from Columbia House. I haven't watched an episode of the Waltons in years. The last time I opened one of the Video's cases Barney was still with us.

The WaltonHave found the official site to the Waltons. Want to make a trip down memory lane with The Waltons, this is the place Enter Here.

Want to listen to the opening theme from the first season clik on the following link. The Waltons.

Here is a special ending done by Earl Hamner in Season Nine. Everyone is present except Grandpa (Will Geer). Goodnight.

This is a clip of Grandma talking about something she really believes in and Grandpa cannot see her side of it. Grandpa & Grandma.

Want your own copy of The Waltons on DVD? The complete first three seasons. Visit Here.

With Thanks to the Official Waltons homepage for the sound clips. Please visit the Home Page to listen to more clips

God Bless

"The Old Fart"

Remember - Life is God's Gift, Take Time to Give Thanks.

4 Visitor{s}:

Ricardo said...

Hey your not the only one that remembers the Waltons. Back in those days actors knew how to act and writers knew how to write. It always felt like I was watching a real family going through real situations.

I still remember the day when they announced on the news that Will Geer had died which was only a few years after my own grandfather past away. So it was kind of a sad moment for me when I heard about Geer's passing.

Shows like that we will never see again.

morris said...

ok, link added, thanks

interesting blog, how did you do that thing on the side with the countries?

cheers

morris

Michael said...

I currently have the original Waltons truck which was also used in the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou" for sale.

http://centralsource.com/waltons/

I am working on a California title search since Warner Bros will not send me a letter of authenticity. I would like to sell this vehicle on eBay or through a private sale.

Thanks.
Michael

Bennie said...

Hey Micahel,

Send me some pictures of the truck if you can
b_trent@sbcglobal.net

In subject line put Waltons Truck just so I know its not spam mail

Thanks